Arizona Society of Pathologists 2019 Conference
April 13, 2019; 08:25AM - 4:30PM
- Learn a systemic approach to diagnosis of limited cancer in the prostate biopsy and differentiate it from benign mimics of prostate cancer
- Discuss changes in 2016 WHO classification of bladder cancer and recognize new entities of prostate and bladder cancer
- Discuss new grading and reporting changes for prostate cancer
- Discuss new 8th edition AJCC staging changes for prostate and bladder cancer
- List the uses of PD-L1 testing of solid tumors by immunohistochemistry
- Describe the 3-step approach to prostate cancer diagnosis in core needle biopsy
- Cite the limitations of testing for novel drugs of abuse and how clinical labs can be proactive in testing
- Describe the value of urine drug testing from a lab perspective and how to achieve a successful partnership between the clinical lab and pain management clinic
- Pathologists, physicians, residents
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Arizona Medical Association (ArMA) through the joint providership of MORE Foundation and the Arizona Society of Pathologists. MORE Foundation is accredited by ArMA to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
MORE Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Richard N. Eisen, MD, FACP
Richard Eisen, MD will provide an update on PD-L1 and then join Xia Li, PhD for a presentation on tumor profiling by NGS analysis.
Ernest Jimenez, III, MT (ASCP)
Ernest Jimenez, laboratory operations manager at Pharos Diagnostics in Tucson, will provide two talks on pain management and urine drug testing for opioids and other related drugs.
Xia Li, PhD, FACMG
Xia Li, PhD will present on tumor profiling by NGS analysis.
Rajal B. Shah, MD
Rajal B. Shah, MD from the Cleveland Clinic will provide two talks covering updates on prostate cancer and prostate cancer diagnosis in core needle biopsy, along with an update on what is new in the WHO classification and 8th Edition of AJCC Staging Manual for bladder cancer.
Questions? Call 623-241-8724 or use our contact form.