2021 Healthcare Outcomes Performance Symposium
Saturday, August 7, 2021
HOPS brings together nationally renowned experts in patient care and the business of medicine. In addition to sessions on current treatment strategies, panel discussions will teach you to not only survive, but thrive, in the changing healthcare economic environment.
This exciting, in-depth program for providers, health system executives, and payors will focus on critical topics across the continuum of musculoskeletal care and healthcare business performance through a dynamic mix of didactic presentations, case-based discussions, expert debates, and lively panels. The panels will provide interaction with distinguished faculty members who will share their knowledge and expertise on a variety of relevant topics. Various tracks will allow attendees to select the specific clinical and business topics that most interest them.
This year, HOPS will be a hybrid event with live stream virtual tracks and panels on Saturday, August 7th. Enduring CME/CE/CNE content will be available after August 7th to those who register.
- Implement clinical practice improvements based on evidence, professional development, and strategies for cost-effective quality musculoskeletal care.
- Impact patient outcomes through adoption of innovation, technology, and best practices.
- Discuss current literature in highly controversial areas to reveal best practices and effective care.
- Interact with experts in your specific field in small groups to allow meaningful discussion about issues critical to your practice.
Business Track Objectives
- Determine opportunities and strategies around the outpatient ecosystem, ambulatory surgery centers, and related reimbursement and legislative changes.
- Analyze how alignment of payors, providers, health systems, and patients is possible and the winning formula.
- Discuss healthcare strategies for remaining a viable, sustainable musculoskeletal practice and describe the strategy details to manage and grow musculoskeletal businesses in a complex and changing regulatory and business environment.
- Explain how network development, payor-provider partnerships, and new technologies can drive lower cost trends and improve quality resulting in benefit for all stakeholders.
- Discuss current trends in musculoskeletal practice consolidation
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- Healthcare and Insurance Executives
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physical Therapists
- Athletic Trainers
MORE Foundation is accredited by the Arizona Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This virtual live and enduring material educational activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with accreditation requirements.
MORE Foundation designates this live activity for a maximum of 50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners.
MORE Foundation BOC AP# P3682 is approved by The Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education for Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 50 hours of Category A hours. ATs should only claim those hours spent in the educational program.
|August 7, 2021|
|7:45am - 8:00am||Welcome, Wael Barsoum, MD & David Jacofsky, MD|
|8:00am - 9:15am||Changing Dynamics: Hospital, Insurance, Policy, and Industry Perspectives|
|9:15am - 9:30am||Break|
|9:30am - 10:45am||New Technologies That May Redesign Musculoskeletal Care|
|10:45am - 11:00am||Break|
|11:00am - 12:15pm||Mythbusters: Is Orthopedic Practice Supported by the Evidence?|
Wael Barsoum, MD
Dr. Wael Barsoum is an innovative, value-driven orthopedic surgeon with 20+ years of experience in promoting growth, performance, and leading change. As President and Chief Transformation Officer, Dr. Barsoum leads HOPCo’s market transformation initiatives by further aligning stakeholders to continue the shift from volume-based care to value-based care models. He also oversees HOPCo’s musculoskeletal service line hospital integration, musculoskeletal specialty hospitals, quality programs, and operational teams.Read bio here
David Jacofsky, MD
David J. Jacofsky, MD is an international speaker and respected authority in health care reform strategies for payors, providers, and health systems. Dr. Jacofsky has an extensive background in business management and is the founder, CEO, and Chairman of HOPCo (Health Outcomes Performance company), The CORE Institute®, and its affiliated entities. Consistent with his academic pursuits, Dr. Jacofsky is on the Editorial Review Board of The Journal of Arthroplasty, The Journal of Knee Surgery, The Journal of Hip Surgery, and Orthopedics. He is an inventor listed on over 30 patents.Read bio here
Questions? Call 623-241-8724 or use our contact form.